Introduction to Zones
Zones offer flexibility to create different price points for different positions in a waterfall. AppLovin will also optimize each Zone, and maximize your overall revenue.
In your AppLovin dashboard, you can create Zones from within the ‘Zones’ section of the side navigation bar in the 'Monetize' tab. You can chose to set CPM values per Zones (provided your account has the permission to do so). Integrating Zones varies per mediation partner and details can be found in the 'Docs' tab of the UI.
It is recommended that you create at least 3 different Zones for your advertising waterfall
- A high-priced Zone to be placed at the top position of your waterfall. If you know the value of your existing first fill provider, the Zone value should be set at least $1 higher. AppLovin will typically serve ads with the strongest value (eg. Brand advertising) in this Zone.
- A mid-priced Zone to be placed right above your highest fill provider nearest to the middle of your waterfall.
- A backfill Zone with a low CPM price to be placed right above your highest fill provider nearest to the bottom of your waterfall. You can also experiment with setting this Zone’s price to ‘Optimized by AppLovin’ in order to maximize fill and ensure you are not losing impression volume across all ad providers
- If you already have several price points in your waterfall from other ad providers, you should experiment with creating more than 3 AppLovin Zones and placing each above your existing highest fill positions.
- A Zone should receive a significant amount of request volume in order to properly optimize and maximize your revenue
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding Zones.